Friday Rundown: Super Bowl Weekend
Happy February! This is your one stop shop for all things happening in Chattanooga on this Super Bowl weekend.
Pint Night Fundraiser for the Little River Waterkeeper
Time: 5:00 - 8:00 PM
Where: Mentone Market
Enjoy a night of food, fun, and fundraising! Pint Night supports the efforts of Little River Waterkeeper. For each pint sold, $1 will be donated to help keep Little River clean for the community and future generations. Bring everyone you know to learn more about the Little River Waterkeeper mission and how you can help make a difference in our community!
Dates: 1/1 - 1/3
Time: All Day
Where: Chattanooga Convention Center
If you love tattoos and body art, this one is for you! Literary INK is a tattoo convention where tattoo wizards from all over over the world come to Chattanooga to tattoo you. There will be contests, magicians, and other magical events for all of their fantasy-loving attendees. Check out there website for a full list of artists and vendors attending the event: Literary INK.
Time: 8:00 (doors open at 7)
Where: Walker Theatre
Throughout their career, the band has four highly acclaimed albums and a number of awards and accolades. Their legacy is defined by quality and consistency. Their sound is a mix of Rolling Stone vibes with banjos, fiddles, and mandolins. Catch them at the Walker Theatre Friday, February 1st.
Learn to Play Disc Golf
Time: 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Where: Portland Park
Here is the time to learn how to play Disc Golf with Outdoor Chattanooga and the experts at Chattanooga Flying Disc Club. It is a free event open to all ages and skill level. You will learn about the game's rules, objectives, scoring equipment, lingo, and of course safety! Reservations are requested.
Sandy the Flower Man Vigil
Time: 4:00 PM
Where: 1100 E. 16th Street
A city-wide memorial service for Oterious "Sandy" Bell, also known to Chattanooga as Sandy the Flower Man will be held this Saturday. He passed away on January 27th, after a long battle with cancer. He was a caring, selfless man that only wished to put a smile on other people's face. Sandy will be missed dearly by many in Chattanooga.
Telemonster Album Release Show with Elk Milk and Psychic Dungeon
Time: 9:00 PM
Where: Songbirds South Stage
Telemonster has produced 8 kids and 1 record. The record, Introspecter (Part 1), comes from a place in life – where you carry toddlers more than guitar cases; where you play hide ’n’ seek more than you play shows; where music is made from 9:00 pm to 2:00 am because everyone else has gone to bed. Join Songbirds in celebrating this new record across all platforms of music!
Heart Candy Box DIY Kids Workshop
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Where: Home Depot - Chattanooga
Celebrate a season of love and happiness by creating a personalized heart candy box with your children. In this workshop, you will build a heart-shaped candy box to give to someone you love or to stash all of your Valentine's Day candy. Kids can keep their craft and receive a free certificate of achievement, workshop apron, and a commemorative pin while supplies last!
Super Bowl Sunday: Where to Watch
• Big Game Party | 6-11 p.m. | Palace Theater | 818 Georgia Ave. | Free | The Palace Theater hosts the big game on a big screen. The party is casual.
• Station Street | 2-11 p.m. | Songbirds | 35 Station St. | Free | Watch the game on Chattanooga’s largest LED screen. The all-day event includes Chattanooga Whiskey + The Naked River Brewing Co. All ages welcome.
• A Very Moxy Super Bowl | 3 p.m. | 1220 King St. | Free | Pizza from Pizza Bros + beer from The Naked River Brewing Co. will keep you full.
• SB at State of Confusion | 4:30 p.m. | State of Confusion | 301 E. Main St. | Free | One of Chattanooga’s newest restaurants hosts the game on big screens. Expect chili cheese brats + bucket of beer.
• Wish Bowl XV | 4:30-10:30 p.m. | Stratton Hall | 3146 Broad St. | $75 | Watch the game and support Make-A-Wish East Tennessee with delicious food, live auction + drinks.
• SB Party | 6-11 p.m. | River Drifters | 1925 Suck Creek Road | Free | Excellent deals highlight this riverside party. Get $1 wings + $2.50 domestics. Double cheeseburgers are $5. Wear a team jersey and get the first three wings free.
• Super Sunday| 5:30-11 p.m. | Beef O’ Brady’s | 5958 Snow Hill Road | Upgrade your experience to VIP for $35 per person | Watch the game on a 136-inch screen.
• CCC Blush Party| 4 p.m.-midnight | Chattanooga Cigar Club | 1518 Market St. | $20 | Team Blush offers a free taco bar for all attendees + pre-game drinks. Cigars are also available.
• Super BoilerMaker Sunday| 3-10 p.m. | The Great American Filling Station | 8701 E. Brainerd Rd. | Free | Enjoy shot and beer specials throughout the afternoon. Win swag from J.W. Kelly & Co. and Yee-Haw Brewing Co.
• Puppy Bowl XV| 3 p.m. | The Coin-Op | Free | Okay, so it’s not technically a viewing party for the game, but who doesn’t want to watch puppies be cute?
Super Bowl LIII Fun Facts:
• The game will be played in Atlanta, GA at Mercedes-Benz Stadium
• Halftime performance will be by Maroon 5, Travis Scott, and Atlanta native Big Boi (formerly part of Outkast)
• 33-year old Sean McVay of the Rams is the youngest head coach to coach in the Super Bowl. He was also the youngest coach ever in the NFL when he was hired at 30.
• A Chattanooga athlete has ties to this year’s game in a big way– New England Patriots Keionta Davis is a former UTC Mocs and Red Bank Lions star.
• Tom Brady, who will be 41, is the oldest quarterback to play in the Super Bowl.
• This is the Rams’ first Super Bowl appearance since relocating to L.A. from St. Louis.
• This is the Patriots’ third straight Super Bowl appearance and 11th total.