The North Shore community is one of the most sought after neighborhoods in Chattanooga, Tennessee. From beautiful outdoor parks and unique shopping vendors to local eateries, the North Shore community is rich in entertainment options that makes this a popular part of town.
Outdoors and Parks:
- Alongside the Tennessee Riverwalk, Coolidge Park is one of the most highly visited areas in North Shore. There is an interactive water fountain, a renewed antique carousel, and a plethora of open grass where Chattanoogans often go to enjoy beautiful views of the river.
- Right down the road, you will find the Renaissance Park that covers 23 acres of land. There visitors can find historic highlights of the area.
- For all you nature lovers, Stringers Ridge is for you. There you will find 92 acres of an urban wilderness park that is perfect for those who enjoy the great outdoors. From mountain biking, trail running, and hiking, this is one of the most beautiful outdoor areas in North Shore.
FUN FACT: One of North Shores famous parks, Coolidge Park, is home to a 100-year-old, restored carousel. Guests can enjoy riding 52 whimsical, hand-carved animals.
- Frazier Avenue and Cherokee Avenue are the prime shopping areas in this neighborhood. They offer some of the most unique experiences and the coolest local products. Not only can you find art galleries and gift shops, but you can also find upscale clothing stores.
- In addition to amazing shopping, some of the best local eateries are located on the same streets. There you can find delicious pubs, gourmet hot dogs, authentic Italian food, and more. This is the ideal spot to enjoy a fun day of shopping and finish it off with some of Chattanooga's best local food.
- North Shore residents also have a quick and convenient location to Publix and Whole Foods grocery stores.
- Every fall, the Walnut Street Bridge hosts one of the nation's best wine-tasting festivals, known as Wine Over Water. During this festival, over 100 wineries are represented from across the world. Guests can also enjoy tasting plates from some of the top area restaurants. Other activities include musicians and "off the bridge" events.
- The North Shore community offers a variety of gyms, sidewalks and trails that are perfect for joggers, biking lanes, and other outdoor activities year round.
Arts and Entertainment:
- For almost 95 years, The Chattanooga Theatre Centre has been home to some of the best sources of entertainment. The theatre hosts 15 annual productions and other workshops throughout the year. Additionally, they host "Movies in the Park" at Coolidge Park on every Saturday in the month of July.
- There is a wide variety of art galleries and markets that host some of Chattanooga's best local artisans.